What digital to-do list tool I would recommend you to use, depends basically on your IT infrastructure - such as what email application you use, what kind of phone you have et c.
If you email in Outlook as an installed client on your Windows computer
- I find that Outlook Tasks is a really good tool for our to-do lists - especially if we design the views we need and get rid of all redundant columns.
To sync your tasks to your phone, I would suggest:
If you use Microsoft Office 365 online
- Of the choices that is available in Office 365 online, I think that Wunderlist is the preferred choice. It is available for free in the Store app.
- It has apps for all available phones and tablets (such as iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows Phone) and the syncing is really easily set up.
If you email in Gmail, in Lotus Notes or in some webmail service
- Todoist is a web service with all the features that we could possibly need, and in a clean and distraction free interface at that. It comes with an app for iOS as well as for Android.
- If you want something more colorful, Wunderlist(as mentioned above), is an equivalent alternative.
If you are a Mac (OS X) user
- Things has what we need from a to-do list tool and nothing more. It is seldom updated, but on the other hand it is stable and trustworthy.
- Trello is a digital kanban board that could be your new favorite tool if you prefer notes on a board before tasks in a list.
- In To Round, what we have to do is visualised as circles instead of rows and boxes.
So, what would be your choice of tool?